Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Big D!

This weekend Ben and I headed up to the Big D (Dallas) to visit Ben's Auntie A!  We left Saturday morning after saying goodbye to Daddy and Nana Debs and Pops who had came to visit us Friday night.  I was a little nervous about driving with Ben by myself to Dallas but he did AWESOME!  He slept the entire trip (3 hours) and I think this uninterrupted morning nap made for a much easier bed time.  Anyway, after we arrived we set out for the days adventures.  Auntie A lives in Highland Park and the great thing is that you can walk everywhere you need to go.  First stop was Pottery Barn Kids.  First, I absolutely can't resist this store and if you have seen Ben's nursery you would know this to be true, second, I needed a stroller blanket because I forgot to pack one.  We picked up this super cute blanket that matches Ben's room perfectly, especially the knobs that are on his dresser.  One day I will post a nursery tour but first, back to our trip.  We then headed to lunch at Sangria Tapas Bar.  They had live music so we opted for al fresco dining. 



 
Super Hero Ben is ready to take flight!  Haha, I call this Ben's super hero pose because it looks like he is ready to take off flying into the night to save someone from the bad guys!

 
Sunday morning this little guy was all smiles!  I was feeling pretty tired so I thought we would hit the road early hoping again for another easy trip during Ben's morning nap time.  Well, after 2 hours of searching for a lost car key, and we searched EVERYWHERE,  I even resorted to rifling through the trash that had already been taken out in a desperate attempt at finding my car key, 1 locksmith who opened the car for us but still no key, I thought for sure we had locked the key in the trunk when we got the stroller out on Saturday, we decided to call a locksmith to come out and replace my car key.
 























Everytime we called a locksmith they mentioned that because of the high security of my car it would be an extra charge.  The locksmith quoted us at least $165.00 to replace my key.  Then when he realized due to the "high security" of my car that he wouldn't be able to replace it, he told us we would have to have it replaced at the dealer, and that costs around $350.00.  In 1 last desperate attempt to find the key, I decided to look in the car seat.  I have no idea why, but there was the key.  I think Ben was sitting on it the whole time because he just didn't want to leave Auntie A's!  Anyway, I learned a few good lessons.  1.  I am never buying a foreign car again.  2.  I need to buy a key ring for my key fob.  and 3.  It is never a dull moment when Mama and Auntie A get together!  Hope everyone has a fabulous week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment