Wednesday, July 10, 2013

6 Months Old!

Our baby boy turns a whole half a year today! This whole growing up thing is going WAY TOO FAST! I think this 6 month age might be as close to perfect as things get – Ben is SUCH a happy little guy. He laughs, he giggles, he smiles – he just lights up the room every single day. He babbles and screams constantly and Matt and I crack up at the different sounds coming out of his mouth. Although we had a rough patch with the naps, I think we’ve turned that corner.   He may not sleep the whole time he’s in his bed, but he’s not crying so I’ll take it! He’s learning to entertain himself and I love it. He still takes a nap at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm and then some days he still gets in a 3rd short nap around 4:30. Sleeping at night is getting better and Ben usually goes down around 7:00 and wakes up around 6:30 or so.  He doesn't cry when he wakes up and he is usually just playing with his toes or babbling to himself.  I imagine he is telling the elephants on his mobile all about the adventures he had in his dreams!  He ALWAYS has the biggest smile when I go to get him out of his crib and let me tell you- there is no better way to start your day.  Ben is enjoying lots of different foods these days and as you know I started him out on fruits and vegetables rather than rice cereal or oatmeal.  I have been trying to give him a few bites of oatmeal the last few mornings and he wants nothing to do with it!  I don't blame him- the stuff tastes like card board!  Oh well, fruits and vegetables are fine with us!  Though a bit wobbly still- he is doing great at sitting up!  Our little guy is just a joy - he charms strangers and gets compliments everywhere we go!  I can't  believe how much I love him. 

Monthly picture overload straight ahead!

At first Ben wasn’t exactly excited when he saw me coming with the camera…

But when I explained to him that his adoring fans NEEDED to see some cute 6 month shots, he happily shared some smiles...
 












Boredom eventually set in and the smiles faded.  I know Benjamin, posing for all those pictures is hard work!























Happy 6 months sweet boy!  We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment