Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tour du Teche

To conclude my posts about our Louisiana trip, while we were there Matt competed in a kayak/canoe race on Saturday morning, Tour du Teche.  And for the second year in a row took home the first place paddle in his category!  We are so proud of you Dada! This is Matt's fourth year competing in the race. 

The first year Matt and his brother did the entire 135 mile race- in a canoe- and finished it!  They paddled for 3 days straight! 

The second year Matt and I competed in the race together.  We were pretty adventurous and signed up for the entire 135 mile race but ended up finishing at 60 miles.  Matt would have kept going but I had to call it quits after a few tears and paddling 12 hours straight in a kayak.  I am pretty proud of our 60 miles though.  I can't find any pictures of Matt and I, but here are some general pictures from the year we competed in the race. 









 
























The year that Matt and I did it together Pops and Auntie Heather paddled together in the race as well.  It was a lot of fun and we all had fun at the party at the end of the race.  I also feel like I should put a disclaimer here as well.  The pictures directly above are not my pictures and I actually took them off of the Tour du Teche website- hopefully they don't mind!

The third year Matt competed in the race by himself and won first place! 

And here is this year winning 1st place again in his category! 






















Way to go Matt!  We are so proud of you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment