Monday, February 16, 2015

Little Brother

At my appointment 3 weeks ago I was measuring 5 weeks ahead so my Dr. wanted to take a peek at little brother to see just how big he is so last week we got to do just that.  Just to give you an idea, with Benjamin I had gained 40 pounds at this point and this time around I have only gained 25.  Despite what most people think, what the mother eats and the size of the mother has absolutely no influence on the size of the baby.  Some people just grow big babies, and apparently I am one.  At 30 weeks little brother is weighing exactly 4 lbs and is very long!  He is in the 83rd percentile and my Dr. is expecting him to be around 9 lbs at delivery, which isn't too far off from Benjamin.  Benjamin weighed 8lbs 3 oz at birth.  I can definitely tell this baby is bigger because aside from how big I look, I can definitely feel it!  Considering I am the size of an almost full term pregnant woman I feel exactly that way.  But, as Dr. Putterman said, better a big baby than a small baby any day of the week.  So here is a peek at little brother...






































Looking almost exactly like Benjamin did at 30 weeks!  Although I think this baby has more of Matt's facial structure with a more prominent chin.  He has a lot of hair just like Benjamin did as well!  We can't wait to meet this little guy and I know Benjamin is excited, too!  When we say our goodnights to everyone,  Benjamin even tells Thomas (his potential name) goodnight and gives my belly a kiss.  Just the sweetest.

No comments:

Post a Comment