Monday, May 2, 2016

Weekend Fun

Benjamin's soccer game was canceled Saturday morning because of what else?  Rain!  We have had so much rain lately that I have officially decided I could never live in Seattle!  Rain, rain go away! But, we didn't let that stop our weekend fun, instead, we headed to Space Center Houston to see rocket ships and Astronauts!  Benjamin is always talking about wanting to go to outer space and the moon so I thought a trip to Space Center Houston would be a lot of fun for him.  And it was! Complete with a ride on rocket ship to outer space!  Okay, it was just a ride, but you get the idea. 


This was huge!  I really had no idea how big the plane was that carries the shuttle. 



We took the team tour to the astronaut training facility and rocket park. It was so amazing to learn how much and how intense the astronauts train for a mission. 





And last but not least pictures that Matt took from the monitor of Benjamin and I on the rocket ship ride.  He LOVED it!  And I was rather impressed that he was naming the planets before they were mentioned in the ride.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment