Sunday, August 18, 2013

New School!

As you know, I started Ben at a new school this year.  It was a hard decision because he really loved his old school, but his new school is very close to my work and is a part of Houston ISD so yes, I do get an employee discount, but more importantly it is a lab school and if you know anything about lab schools, they really are great.  I found when looking at daycares that most of them had this elaborate lesson plan written for the infants, but come on, did I really believe that at 9:00 they would be in group reading and at 10:00 they would be creating their art projects.  These are babies we are talking about.  So I really liked the fact that their lesson plan was more true to a babies actual day- babies will play with large foam blocks on Mondays, arts and crafts on Tuesday, etc.   Anyway, we started Ben's new school last Monday and it was definitely an adjustment for BOTH of us!  Ben cried.  A lot.  His teachers said as the week went on that he cried less and less but it still breaks my heart.  I know it is just a little separation anxiety that is normal at his age but I am hoping that we both get over it, and quickly! 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yes, I am that Mom taking 100 pictures of their child at school and I will be that Mom until he tells me to stop.  And then I'll just be hiding around the corner taking the pictures!  =)  Hope you have a restful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment