Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend!

Happy Labor Day!  I hope everyone is enjoying their day off as much as we are!  Ben spent the weekend at GiGi and Poppy's while Matt and I went to Dallas to the LSU game.  Matt and I had a great time and I know that Ben had a great time as well at GiGi and Poppy's! Thanks again GiGi and Poppy for babysitting!  =)







It was a great weekend for everyone! 
 
Also, I know everyone is curious about Ben's helmet because that post has had the most visitors since I started this blog so here is a little more information about it!  Ben wears his helmet for 23 hours a day.  We take it off for an hour when he takes his bath and so that we can clean the helmet.  We also take that time to stretch Ben's neck muscle.  The pictures that you see when Ben has his helmet off are either before or after his bath or while we are stretching him.  We can take it off for pictures but it is recommended that it is not off for more than 10 minutes at a time beyond the 1 hour because Ben's head is growing so rapidly at this point.  A baby's head grows the most in the first year, especially from months 6-10, hence the timing of the helmet.  I thought I would get more questions about his helmet out in public but actually almost every day someone comes up to me and tells me that they know someone who has worn it, or there grandson has worn it, or their baby, etc.  Congenital torticollis is more common in boys as boys tend to be bigger babies and the positioning in utero is what causes the torticollis.  If you have any questions, please feel free to comment and ask!  Hope everyone enjoys their day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment